Terms & Conditions for Events and Ticketing
These Terms & Conditions for Events and Ticketing (“Terms”):
apply to any event hosted, arranged and / or promoted by, or on behalf of, [Platform 09] (“Platform 09,” “we,” “our,” or “us”), whether or not referred to or sold on this website (“Event”); apply to any person that attends, accesses or engages in (“Attends”) an Event; apply to any ticket, pass, wristband, voucher, code or other admission document or data for an Event, whether in physical, online, electronic or digital form (“Ticket”); apply to any person that buys, purchases, takes, is provided with, is transferred, holds or otherwise uses (“Uses”) a Ticket; apply to all emails and other communications between us and you pertaining to an Event, a Ticket or Attendance or Use thereof; apply to the website (URL: platform09.ae), its associated subdomains and any account you register on the website / its subdomains (collectively and individually, our “Services”); and are a legally binding contract between you and Platform 09.
For the purposes of these Terms, “you” means a person or entity that Attends an Event and / or Uses a Ticket.
Please read these Terms carefully to understand both our respective rights and obligations. If there is something you do not understand in these Terms or if you have further questions or comments please contact us via the details set out below. Your Attendance at an Event and Use of a Ticket is conditional upon your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms or any part thereof, then you may not Attend an Event or Use a Ticket.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
1. BY ATTENDING AN EVENT AND / OR USING A TICKET, OR OTHERWISE SIGNIFYING YOUR AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT HEREIN;
2. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL TICKETS ARE SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS;
3. BY ACCESSING, USING OR ENGAGING WITH OUR SERVICES, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT HEREIN; 4. AS SET OUT ABOVE, IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS OR ANY PART THEREOF, THEN YOU MAY NOT ATTEND AN EVENT OR USE A TICKET.
Other Terms and Policies
Event Access and Attendance
Access to, and ongoing Attendance, at an Event is subject to you: possessing and producing, upon request, a valid Ticket obtained from us; maintaining a Ticket on your person for the entire duration of an Event; and not acting in a manner or doing anything that breaches these Terms, including those set out under Event Removal and Ejection below.
No pass-outs from an Event or re-admissions to an Event will be issued. You are responsible for attending an Event on time and while we will try to admit latecomers, it may not be possible to do so until a suitable break in proceedings at an Event. If your late admission will, in our view (in our absolute discretion), interfere with an Event or the enjoyment of an Event, or otherwise be disruptive or disrespectful to any Event speaker or entertainer, you acknowledge and agree you will be delayed, restricted or prevented from entering an Event.
You bear all risk of, and we have no responsibility in relation to, your transport, travel, accommodation or subsistence relating to an Event.
Please contact us using the details below prior to purchasing a Ticket if you have special access requirements for an Event. While we will comply with all laws relating to access, and will try to accommodate your requirements, we cannot guarantee that it will be possible for a person with special access requirements to access an Event.
If you have any medical issues relating to Attendance at an Event including, without limitation, issues connected with Event special effects, lighting, sound, audio-visual, imagery, vulnerabilities to communicable diseases or allergies or sensitivities to temperature or proximity to others, please seek medical advice before Using a Ticket and / or Attending an Event. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you release us from, and we have no responsibility for, any adverse medical issue you may suffer in connection with an Event.
You will not bring to an Event:
- animals (other than a guide dog);
- alcohol or illegal substances;
- cigarettes, tobacco, electronic cigarettes, vapes or related products, unless the Event has a designated smoking area;
- laser pens, flashes, strobes or lighting;
- whistles, musical instruments, air horns or any other device principally intended to produce noise;
- your own food and drink; or
- any other item which in our view (in our absolute discretion) may interfere with the Event, an Event
- speaker or entertainer or the enjoyment of the Event, or may be used as a weapon (including without limitation, knives, torches or other baton- like or sharp or pointed objects).
Event Removal and Ejection
We reserve our rights to, and you acknowledge and agree to our rights to:
- refuse you entry to an Event;
- eject you from an Event;
- conduct entry and exit protocols and security searches and processes in relation to an Event;
- confiscate any item which is prohibited under these Terms or that we or Event Staff believe in our absolute discretion is dangerous, disruptive or may interfere with an Event or other attendees enjoyment of an Event; and / or
- take all lawful actions to enforce such rights.
Without limitation, circumstances which may lead to you being refused entry to an Event or ejected from an Event include:
- you breaching, or behaving in a manner which is in breach of, these Terms, any other policies
- relating to an Event (eg the Covid-19 Policy), any rules of an Event venue and any applicable laws,
- regulations or customary standards and norms of behaviour in the UAE;
- your behaviour interfering with or distracting any Event speaker or entertainment;
- you otherwise interfering with the enjoyment of other Event attendees or otherwise acting in an
- abusive, threatening, insulting or harmful manner;
- if we or Event staff believe in our / their absolute discretion that you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- you bringing into an Event any item or thing referred to in these Terms above;
- you smoking, vaping or otherwise using tobacco or related products at an Event (other than in any area at an Event designated for that purpose);
- you not producing identification or proof of age, residency and / or address upon request;
- you not clearing or refusing to submit to any security searches and / or processes;
- you breaching the Terms relating to “Recording at an Event” below or otherwise recording / taking images of other attendees at an Event without their permission, or Royal family members, VIPs or other dignitaries at any time;
- your Ticket being void or invalid;
- you sitting in a seat or Attending an Event in an area which is not permitted or designated by your Ticket;
- you accessing, or attempting to access, areas of an Event which are restricted or where attendees are not permitted;
- you accessing or leaving, or attempting to access or leave, an Event other than by the designated routes; and / or any other health, safety and / or licensing reasons.
Recording at an Event
You are not permitted to:
- use any equipment for recording or transmitting any audio, visual or audio-visual material at an
- Event (whether by digital, analogue or other means); and
bring any such equipment to an Event (other than a mobile phone provided it is used only for phone-calls or text only messaging). We may confiscate, remove, delete or destroy any equipment, recordings, tapes, films, pictures, images, videos, audio, files or similar items that are used, taken and / or produced at an Event.
You expressly consent to us, our staff and / or our contractors and service providers using your actual or simulated likeness in any film, photograph, audio and/or audiovisual recording for no fee. Any and all such film, photograph, audio and/or audiovisual recording may be used in any media for any purpose at any time throughout the world including, without limitation, for press coverage of an Event, promotion of an Event, our other promotional activities and / or for the purposes of security, policing or Governmental authorities.
- is a revocable and non-transferable personal licence for you to Attend an Event named on the Ticket;
- is subject to revocation by us at any time on such terms as we see fit in our absolute discretion;
- remains our property at all times and shall be surrendered to us immediately upon request;
- may require you to Attend an Event in a designated area only. We reserve the right to provide alternative areas to those designated;
- for a seated Event, may require you to sit in a designated seat only. We reserve the right to provide an alternative seat to that designated;
- may not be defaced, damaged, altered, copied or re-produced;
- is invalidated by being defaced, damaged, altered, copied or re-produced; and
- may not be assigned, traded, resold, or used for, or in relation to, any other business or commercial activity (unless consented to by us in writing);
- without limiting the foregoing, shall not be used for promotions, marketing or advertising, contests or sweepstakes (unless consented to by us in writing); or
- is voided if assigned, traded, resold, or used for, or in relation to, any other business or commercial activity (without our written consent), or otherwise obtained or transacted in breach of these Terms.
We reserve the right to: (a) limit, restrict or cease Ticket sales; (b) change any class or type of Ticket; or (c) issue / reissue, release and / or sell additional Tickets or Tickets classes or types.
You may not purchase:
- Tickets from any person, entity or outlet other than: (a) us on the Services; or (b) any duly authorised outlet which we notify you of on the Services or otherwise in writing; more than  Tickets and purchases of Tickets shall be subject to this limit. We may cancel, reverse or void any transactions or Tickets that breach this limit;
- Tickets using automated means or using multiple email addresses, personal details or accounts;
- Tickets unless the details recorded against the Tickets match the details on the payment method
(ie on the credit or debit card used).
We accept Ticket payments online using [Visa and MasterCard credit/debit cards issued in the UAE and denominated in AED (UAE Dirhams) only].
Ticket numbers are limited and we are unable to hold or reserve Tickets, nor guarantee Ticket availability.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable including, without limitation, if:
- there are changes to an Event;
- you are refused entry to, or ejected from, an Event;
- Tickets are lost, destroyed, damaged or deleted;
- you do not attend an Event or are late to an Event;
- you are not able to access an Event due to your special access requirements;
Where, in our absolute discretion, we agree to refund any Ticket or a refund is required under applicable law (for example if an Event is cancelled), such refund may be subject to an administration fee. All Ticket refunds will be refunded to the original mode of payment or to your bank account (as selected by us in our absolute discretion). No cash refunds or exchanges for other items of value will be given. Refunds are subject to:
- our administrative processes and the processing times set by our bankers, our financial partners and / or your bankers or credit/debit card providers. We are not responsible for the time taken for refunds or any delay in refunds;
- you applying for a refund within a time limit we may set in our absolute discretion; and
- in the case of physical Tickets, you returning the Ticket to us at your cost (should we require the same in our absolute discretion).
At your option, purchased Tickets are delivered either:
- electronically online for you to print out and bring with you to the applicable Event; or
- electronically online for you to bring with you to the applicable event on your mobile phone;
If you select the first option above, you are responsible for ensuring the printed ticket is brought with you to the applicable Event and is printed and presented in such quality and detail as required by us in our absolute discretion to validate the Ticket and permit entry (either by physical inspection, scanning, reference to ticket number / code).
If you select the second option above, you are responsible for ensuring the Ticket is brought with you to the applicable Event and is displayed properly and to such resolution as required by us in our absolute discretion to validate the Ticket and permit entry (either by physical inspection, scanning, reference to ticket number / code). You are responsible to ensure your mobile phone is charged and operating sufficiently for the foregoing purposes.
You are responsible for:
keeping, safeguarding and protecting your Tickets and any devices on which electronic Tickets are stored; keeping your physical tickets away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture; and providing us or Event staff with Tickets, Ticket reference numbers or other associated details on request.
To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law:
- Attendance at an Event and Use of a Ticket are provided to you “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind;
- you Attend the Event and / or Use a Ticket entirely at your own risk;
- Platform 09, on its own behalf and on behalf of its affiliates and its and their respective licensors and service providers, expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to Attending an Event or Using the Services, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice; and
- without limitation to the foregoing, Platform 09 provides no warranty or undertaking, and makes no representation of any kind that Attendance at an Event and Use of a Ticket will meet your requirements or achieve any intended results.
- Events are subject to change from time to time and may not occur as originally advertised, intended, promoted or envisaged. Without limitation, changes to an Event may occur in relation to timing, date, format, aesthetic, duration, location, guest list, attendees, speakers, line-up, entertainment, topic, subject matter, seating plan, availability of goods, services or promotional materials, facilities, access, transport links, applicable regulations and rules.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Platform 09 or its affiliates and its and their respective licensors and service providers be liable to you for anything directly or indirectly related to your Attendance at an Event or Use of a Ticket including, without limitation, for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure, damages for loss of profits), or damage to personal property, damages for personal injury or adverse medical event, for loss of privacy arising out of or in any way related to an Event or otherwise in connection with any provision of these Terms even if Platform 09 or its affiliates and its and their respective licensors and service providers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Without limiting the foregoing, Platform 09’s maximum total liability to you in relation to an Event or a Ticket is limited to the price of the Ticket and Platform 09 is not responsible or liable for:
- any Ticket that is lost, stolen, damaged, deleted or destroyed, or the physical condition of any Ticket;
- any wasted transport, accommodation or sustenance costs related to an Event;
- any items or personal property lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or confiscated at an Event;
- any unauthorised, mistaken, negligent, fraudulent or criminal activity relating to you purchasing a Ticket, or processing any refund, including without limitation any unauthorised transaction on your
- credit/debit card or bank account (excluding any such activity committed by us);
- any fraudulent activity related to Tickets including, without limitation, you purchasing any copied or reproduced unofficial Tickets (excluding any such activity committed by us);
- any matters related to delivery of a Ticket as set out in these terms above or otherwise; or
- any matter, thing or circumstance outside of Platform 09’s reasonable control.
In the event a Ticket is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error, we shall have the right to refuse or cancel any purchases or orders placed for the Ticket listed at the incorrect price. We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such purchase or order whether or not the same has been confirmed and you have been charged.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding these Terms please contact us using the following details:
Email: [email protected]onine.ae
Phone Number: 09 222 4422
These Terms are governed by the laws of Fujairah and the United Arab Emirates as applied in Fujairah. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UAE Courts in Fujairah in connection with any action or dispute arising between us and you under or in connection with these Terms.